Monday, April 12, 2010

Diva Spotlight: Tavia & Elli

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tell us a little about yourself & your daughters:

I’m Cassie and I have 2 daughters, Tavia and Elliana. Tavia is 5 and Elli is 3. Tavia is three quarters black and a quarter white with 3c hair mostly and a little 3b in the back. Elli is three quarters white and a quarter black with 3a hair all over.

What is your daughters hair care routine?

I shampoo once a week and co-wash every other day or every 3 days. I’m still not great at the braiding, twisting, etc. so our styles only last 3 days max, usually only 2. Plus we get bored after 2 days! With Elli, I don’t style her hair all that much. She’s just now letting me comb through it without screaming, so I take what I can get. We use the ORS Hair Mayo once a month and we do a deep conditioning once a month. We will probably step up the deep conditioning to once a week once the dry air makes its way here. On days I just want to detangle, I use the GVP Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm mixed with water in a spray bottle.. We don’t really do anything special for night time. Tavia’s hair is longer so I will usually braid it, but that’s it.

What kind of products do you use on their hair?

I’m still experimenting. There are some really great products out there. I’ve tried Mixed Chicks and love their leave in. We just got some Curls samples and I like their Curlicious Curls Cleansing Cream, Curls Milkshake, and the Hair Ecstasy Tree Tea Conditioner. I also like Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner, GVP Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm from Sally’s, Giovanni’s Silk Xtreme Deep Conditioner, and ORS Hair Mayo. I also use aloe juice mixed with a little water as a curl refresher in the summer. I also use the Hair Therapy Wrap (just got it) for deep conditioning treatments, a wide tooth comb, and the kakakiki comb brush (make sure to brush with the little hooks up not down!) and a rat tail comb. Yes I am a product addict! I need a 12 step program.

Have you ever used chemicals on her hair?

No way! I love their hair.

Can we see a few of your favorite styles?

My favorite is when they rock it natural, or half up with the back natural.

Tavia:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Elli:

Photobucket

Sooo cute! How did you learn to style and properly take care of their hair?

BBC, Youtube, practice, practice, practice. I’m still not that great yet, but I’m trying! That counts for something right?

How do your daughter's feel about their hair? Can we see their favorite style?

When we got custody of Tavia, she wanted straight hair. After a year of living with us, she loves her curly hair. She gets compliments on it all the time. Elli has never wanted her hair any other way and will tell you she ‘loves her boingies’ or ‘her curlies’ When her hair is flat from sleeping, she will even tell me ‘I need my curlies back!’ Elli doesn’t have a favorite style, besides curly, but Tavia’s favorite is the Mohawk. She thinks she’s a rock star.

Photobucket

If you had to share one hair care tip, what would it be?

Moisturize!

___________________________________

Cassie is doing an amazing job on Tavia & Elli's hair! I must say, Tavia has made quite the transformation. Cassie really brought her curls to life, and now when I see pictures of her hair it always looks so great & moisturized! Elli is such a cutie & I seriously cannot see her without her little curls! I'm so glad they embrace their natural beauty. Keep up the great work mama!!!

Update: This was a repost from one of the many deleted posts. Cassie has since learned a *ton* of new things. Keep up the great work!

___________________________________

Click here to see how you can sign your Diva up!

5 comments :

  1. Did I miss the curlformer giveaway winner? I haven't seen it yet.

    --Laura M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute. Great job mommy. Love the natural too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the curls both of them. I could see her half a sleep ‘I need my curlies back!’. CUTE! Good Job Mom.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.