Monday, June 4, 2012

Defining Short Natural Coils & Curls


This is Miss A's little cousin, "Lil Bit". You may remember Lil Bit from a couple of previous posts, here and here. Lil Bit has asked me to give her curly hair every time she comes over. I remember from the last time I washed and styled her hair that she has the tiniest little coils that dry up really quick when not wet. I wasn't really sure what to expect but her curls turned out fabulous and she absolutely loved her hair! She was playing with her hair all day, it was the cutest thing ever. :-)

I decided to go with my go-to product for wash and go's. Kinky Curly Curling Custard, of course! First, I washed Lil Bit's hair with Cara B Naturally Shampoo and V05 Conditioner. I detangled while the conditioner was still in with a Denman brush. After rinsing I immediately applied a little Kinky Curly Knot Today leave-in conditioner all over her tiny coils. I knew if I waited too long her hair would dry up and Kinky Curly seems to work best applied to soaking wet hair. After applying the leave-in, I grabbed about 2-3 inch sections of hair at a time and applied about a quarter sized amount of Kinky Curly Curling Custard. I find that the curls are better defined when you just rake the product through instead of combing or brushing so I simply raked the product through each section with my fingers, making sure every coil had some curling custard on it. You can see picture of her wet curls above and below.





After a long day of playing her hair finally dried. Below are the results. The bangs frizzed a bit more than the side and back  but I think that's because she couldn't keep her fingers off her curls! :-)

For the record, her curls were not crunchy at all. They were very soft and well moisturized. The next morning her coils were still very defined so I sprized her hair with water and put her curls into two little pigtails.




Bonus pic of the cousins! :-) Lil Bit, Miss A and Ky!

Check out more pictures of Ky's Flat Twists into Afro style by clicking HERE.

Don't forget to stop by and "LIKE" us on Facebook! We love hearing from you!



15 comments :

  1. Awwwww too cute.... You have a Ky in there she must be very special like me even though I'm Ki lol. Great job all of their hair do's are kaute (cute)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Thx for sharing. Rarely get to see hair styles displayed of lil girls with shorter hair. Very appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last pic of the three of them is priceless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and good pics by the way. I love how her hair band matches her dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so cute! Love her hair too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!!!!!! I love the three cousins together! And thank you for the details re: defining those gorgeous coils.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute... I also have a question, my daughter has very dry kinky hair and she's seven and no growth... What should i be doing to keep it moisturized and help growth?????... Please HEEELLLPPPP!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this site i love the hair styles but i wish my litte sister will let me do this to her hair. She says my hair looks crazy so i might make her hair look crazy. Styling my hair for myself and styling her hair are two different things and doing er hair is much easier but she's still not going for it :/ thats an 11 year old for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous girls! I love what you did with her hair. She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree Naturallyurs913. Please let her know that we think that she and her hair are beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.