Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter Updo for Little Girls with Natural Hair

Happy Easter! 
By Aisha of Braid with Me


Are you ready for Easter? We are!! Anisa will be sporting this gorgeous updo along with her oh-so-cute dress!! Here's how I achieved this look: 

Prep:
I detangled and washed Anisa's hair the night before I did this style. Once her hair was washed, I detangled her hair once again with my fingers and coconut oil  Her hair was also blow dried. Next, I loosely banded her hair for bed and tried to come up with a style for the next day. 

Styling:
I knew that I wanted to do an updo but I didn't want to do a style that I've done before. It has also been awhile since I've braided her hair so I also wanted to incorporate cornrows in her new style. 

To begin, I removed all of the bands and finger combed all of her hair to one side. Next, I began making curved parts from the nape of her neck to the top of her head to make the cornrows.  I continued cornrowing her hair until the section I was working with was complete. As you can see in the pictures below, I did not cornrow her entire head. 


I ended up with two sections, one with cornrows and one without. I made 3 two-strand twists in the cornrowed section and 2 two-strand twists in the loose section. 

Next, I began rolling the twists around my fingers to form large rosettes. The rosettes were then pinned into place. 



Products: 
Hair pins
Comb - for parting 

Easter Style: 
Of course Anisa has a gorgeous dress to go with her gorgeous new style! I found this Bonnie Jean watercolor floral dress online and I had to have it! As you can see, she loves it as well! 






Easter
How did you style your child's hair for Easter? We would love to see what you came up with!
Feel free to share your styles on our Facebook page! 





No comments :

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.