Monday, March 11, 2013

Little Girls Natural Hairstyle: Flexi-rod Updo with Cornrows

Miss A's cousin, Lil Bit!

This hair style is absolutely adorable for little girls (and big girls!) and perfect for any occasion!

Tools needed:
  • Ouchless bands (for banding)
  • A brush for detangling (I used Denman D4)
  • A comb for parting
  • Green 1/4" Flexi-rods (6 come in each pack, I believe I used 5 packs)
  • A few bobbypins 
  • Rubberbands
  • Products for styling
I used the following products:
  • Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer
  • Bee Mine Curly Butter
  • Curls (for Target) Curl Control Paste
 (Use code: BBBSPRING for 10% off your Bee Mine Products Purchase!)

Helpful posts:

Instructions:
  •  I washed and detangled Lil Bit's hair. After washing I applied a generous amount of Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer to her hair from root to tip and banded her hair in 3 sections to stretch it for styling. (see photo below)
Instagram picture. Follow us @beadsbraidsbeyond
  • I left the bands on for a few hours. I prefer keeping the bands in overnight however we did not have enough time so once I removed the bands her hair was stretched but slightly damp.
  • Using my comb, I parted a circle on the top of her head and tied it off. This section of hair is where I wanted the curls to be.
  • At the nape of her neck I began parting at a slight curve coming up to the top section of hair I had previously parted. I added a small amount of Bee Mine Curly Butter to each section I cornrowed and tied off each cornrow with a rubberband. 
  • Once all of her cornrows were in I grabbed the 1/4" green flexi-rods, applied an even amount of Curls Control Paste to 1 to 2 inch sections and rolled the flexi-rod on to the hair. Instead of bending the rods I simply put a hair tie on the ends to hold them in place. See picture below.

  • Her hair was already dry at this point so there was no heat involved. I never use heat when I use flexi-rods anyway which is why I use a product with good hold. I leave the flexi-rods in long enough for the curl to shape. I left these flexi-rods in for about an hour and a half while she played tea party with her cousins and sister.
  • After an hour and a half I gently rolled off each flexirod and used 3 bobby pins to pin any falling curls to the front. 
  • I added a small bow and viola! Beautiful!
Lil Bit absolutely loved her hair! She said she felt like she was in heaven and danced in front of the mirror for a good 30 minutes. Pleased indeed.






A few extras just in case you want to pin them on Pinterest!



Bonus! Stop by the blog later to see how I achieved Ky's twist out! (pictured below)


Let's connect!
 |Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram (@beadsbraidsbeyond) 
| Twitter (@beadsbraidsblog) | Youtube |

Looking forward to seeing you there! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.