Sunday, March 17, 2013

Straightening Thick 4b / 4c Natural Hair


After posting how I straightened Miss A's natural hair I got a lot of questions about how to straighten thick 4b / 4c hair and if I would use the same process, the answer is yes! When I picked Ky up her mother told me she tried to straighten her hair once in the past but it was still very poofy and frizzy and didn't last long at all. I am going to quickly take you through the steps and tools I used to straight Ky's hair.

Let's first take a look at how Ky's hair looks after banding for about 2 hours:


Helpful posts:
Tools/Products used:

Details:


  • First I washed, detangled then moisturized with Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer and banded Ky's hair in 6 sections. The reason I band the hair before flat ironing is to skip the blow drying process. The less heat used, the better!
  • Once Ky's hair was stretched out I added a generous amount of extra virgin coconut oil through out her hair and working in small 1 inch sections flat ironed each detangled section of hair on about 350 degrees. I used the 2 inch pink Hana Elite flat iron. I continued the entire process until I was done. It took a little more than an hour to flat iron all of her hair. I passed each section only once however I went back and flipped the ends under (using large sections of hair) for a more finished look.





Let's connect!
 |Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram (@beadsbraidsbeyond) 
| Twitter (@beadsbraidsblog) | Youtube |

Looking forward to seeing you there! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.